Lime and Limestone is a comprehensive and up-to-date presentation of the main scientific and technological aspects of the quarrying, processing, calcining and slaking of lime and limestone products. It places emphasis on how the processes are designed to ensure that the products meet market requirements and comply with customer specifications.
This book describes authoritatively, and in detail, the current uses of lime and limestone in the many market segments, including :
- Iron, steel and other metals
- Building, construction and cement
- Water, sewage and environmental protection
- Chemicals, agriculture and foodstuffs
It also addresses topical issues such as :
- Environmental protection measures within the industry
- Occupational health
- Economic aspects
- Sampling, testing and analysis
The book maintains a good balance between scientific information - of use to technologists - and more general information - of value to production and commercial personnel, both within the lime and limestone industries and in the many industries that they serve.